When the girls were here for Beckie's birthday, I cooked a lot of food. I would say that 75% of what I made came from one of Marguerite Henderson's cookbooks. I recommended Small Parties to everyone before, however Savor the Memories is like the bible in my kitchen. My copy is covered in food just the way I like it. You should definitely buy yourself a copy. (Amazon has it for $10, how can you go wrong!) So in response to demand (Beckie, Kristin & Joanie). Here is the recipe for Oriental Noodle Salad.
1 pound linguine cooked and rinsed under cold water
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast poached and cut into 1 inch pieces (you can also be totally lazy like me and shred a rotisserie chicken)
2 cups frozen peas thawed
1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
1 red pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
4 green onions sliced thin on a diagonal
In a mixing bowl stir all these together.
Dressing (this is also awesome to use if you make a Chinese Chicken Salad)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger (I use dry and about and 1/8 teaspoon)
2 to 3 drops hot chili oil
2 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds and 2 tablespoons black
Whisk it all together except the sesame seeds (I have this little salad dressing mixer that Beckie calls my beaker, that I use) Pour over the pasta, toss and sprinkle the top with the sesame seeds. Chill before serving.
Now go buy the book!

No comments:
Post a Comment